Communities In Schools (CIS) is a school-based program designed to provide services to students and their families. We are a national, non-profit organization with over 75 schools and 12 districts in Bexar County.
In order for students and families to participate in our program a student or family needs to be referred by thmeselves, school staff or a CIS staff. Below is a list of the services that we provide. If there is another service you would like your child to receive then please speak with a CIS staff.
- Counseling/Consultation - Group or Individual
- Mentor Program - A students is matched with an individual from the community one time week for approximately an hour to provide some one-on-one time to the child.
- Enrichment Activities
- Parental Involvement
- Social Service Referrals - School supplies, clothing, emergency assistance, etc.
- Academic Enhancement - Individual and small group academic assistance offered.
- Assistance with School Supplies
If you have any questions, please contact the CIS Site Coordinators at (210) 989-1550.
The C.I.S. Staff