Welcome to Chemistry!
Please review the course outline for expectations of the class. We will review these in class, during the first week of school. Welcome back, Cowboys!
About the Teacher
Bachelor's of Science
University of the Incarnate Word
NIH Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
University of Texas Medical Branch
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
William Arthur Ward
Tutoring: Monday - Friday 7:30 - 8:15 AM
Afternoon tutoring by appointment
1st Period - Conference
2nd Period - Chemistry
3rd Period - Chemistry
4th Period - Mastery Content
5th Period - Lunch
6th Period - Chemistry
7th Period - Chemistry
8th Period - PLC
9th Period - Chemistry
Ms. Penate’s Chemistry Class Outline 2016 – 2017
- Late assignments will be docked 5 points per late day. Your assignment is late if it is not turned in at the time of collection, even if you turn it in later that class period.
- Students will receive a 75% base grade on assignments that are entirely completed and turned in on time and show that the student has made an effort. The rest of the assignment grade is determined by the accuracy of the student’s work.
- Once grade assignments have been graded and returned, late work will not be accepted unless completed during tutoring, for a maximum grade of a 70.
- All late work must be turned in by the Friday before the end of the 3rd or 6th week in a cycle.
- Students are to be mindful of others opinions and communicate in a courteous manner.
- If a student does not follow the rules of the student code of conduct when submitting assignments they will receive a zero, even if the assignment is turned in on time and complete.
- The bathroom pass slip contains 3 allowed bathroom visits during class per 6 weeks.
- The teacher must sign off each time the student leaves the classroom to use the bathroom. The student will then sign out on the sheet by the door and take the classroom hall pass with them to the restroom.
- All classes will follow the 10 Minute Rule.
- For every unused bathroom pass, the student will receive 3 points to their test average as extra credit.
- You are responsible for turning in work that was due on the day of your absence and picking up any handouts, notes, or assignments given out on the day of your absence..
- Upon returning to class, check the “What Did I Miss?” box to check for assignments handed out during your absence. Check the “Teacher Notebook” to see what you missed. You may check it out during tutoring to complete missing work.
- Entering the class
- Students will enter the classroom and pick up the handouts and supplies at the front of the room.
- Students will retrieve their notebooks from the filing cabinet everyday.
- Students will sit in their assigned seats and begin to work on the warm up.
- Students will check in their cellphones in their designated slot in the cellphone caddy.
- Phones will remain in the caddy until the end of class.
- Participating in class
- Students are expected to participate when they are called in class, during group discussions, and in laboratory experiments.
- There is no such thing as a dumb question, answer, or opinion!
- Class Dismissal
- Students will remain in their seats until the teacher dismisses the class. The bell does not dismiss you.